Focused Community Strategies partners with under-resourced neighborhoods to provide innovative and holistic development that produces flourishing communities where God's Shalom is present.
Enterprise ‒ Non-Profit
- Access to Finance
- Community Development and Housing
- Employment Generation
- FCS's main function is as an Enterprise. FCS is a full service community development corporation providing holistic services to our focus neighborhoods in the areas of Mixed-income Housing, Economic Development and wrap around services for families through Neighborhood Engagment (entrepreneurship accelerator, food co-op, housing assistance).
- Minority Populations
- Urban Communities
This enterprise is currently looking for capital. Investment mechanisms used and seeking:
- Mission-related Investments
- Program-related Investments
Intermediary ‒ Nonprofit Organization
Services offered to investors:
- Manage impact investing funds
FCS has a $2 million rotational capital fund with six qualified individual investors and one philanthropic investor and a bank. This fund provides a source of capital for our workforce housing program.
Enabler ‒ CDFI and Foundations, Nonprofit Organization
Services offered to enterprises:
FCS is working on our application to become a CDFI. We also partner with Emory's StartME program to provide an annual accelerator program to local entrepreneurs.